[TR] 74 triumph TR 6 pinion oil seal

MIKE CARROLL mikey22 at prodigy.net
Wed Apr 11 13:59:16 MDT 2012

I am looking for the simplest way to replace the pinion oil seal at the front of the differential with out removing the entire differential. Is this even possible? If it is possible what am I looking at as far as removing things, difficulty and amount of time to get this done? Also any special tools to remove and replace the seal? At this time it is a small leak, 1 or 2 drops then stops but it is the last leak I have. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Carroll TR 6
Santa Cruz, ca