[TR] TR3A horn bracket finish originality question

John Macartney flywheelcoventry1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 02:56:25 MDT 2012

Dave
Memory tells me the Lucas windtone horn (ear lobe type trumpet and domed
top) that was production fit on TR sidescreeners, Vanguard, Ensign, Leyland 15
and 20, had an integral black bracket as supplied from Lucas. The black finish
was slightly matt - except on international motor show cars, so if you're
mixing paint I'd use full gloss with about 10% matt black.

Jonmac
http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk