[TR] Progress on the TR4A

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Apr 2 05:57:38 MDT 2012

In a message dated 4/1/2012 9:10:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
dconnitt at fuse.net writes:
> . I also recieved my Caswell Zinc
> Plating kit and was able to start plating some of the steel throttle
> hardware.
> I really like the finish of zinc, not a "mirror" like chrome but still a
> very
> nice finish. It took a bit to get the process dialed in but I was able to
> get
> some pretty fair results today.

Like you, I really like the zinc look.  Chrome parts underhood just shout
"BLING" to me.  A fresh zinc plate looks fresh and functional.

The technique I use is I plate for about a minute then buff on a wire
wheel.  Then repeat 2 or 3 times.  It's a bit of busy work but it's a good way to
pass a rainy afternoon.  And if I'm doing several pieces I can plate one
while I am buffing the other.

Oh, and I rinse the parts off in plain water after they come out of the
plating solution (acid).

Dave

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pdf which had a name of Programme national.pdf]