[TR] Progress on the TR4A

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Apr 1 19:48:11 MDT 2012

Well,
I sent my SU HS-6 carburetor bodies off to Joe Curto Friday to get  new
throttle shafts and throttle plates installed. I also recieved my Caswell Zinc
Plating kit and was able to start plating some of the steel throttle hardware.
I really like the finish of zinc, not a "mirror" like chrome but still a very
nice finish. It took a bit to get the process dialed in but I was able to get
some pretty fair results today. I should be able to do many more pieces that
are currently just bare steel;
The steel top plate of the windshield wiper motor and the tube for the drive
cable,
The top cover of the PCV valvle.
The exposed door latches..
All the throttle linkages
It is probably a wash cost wise for the kit vs. sending it all out but the one
huge thing for me (besides it's fun) is that if anything gets lost, it's my
fault..
I should have the carburetor bodies back from Joe in a couple of weeks and
then I can finish putting them together. i should have all the hardware plated
by then ( I hope..).
Progress, however slight is still progress!
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a