[TR] TR2 progress Report

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 05:33:01 MDT 2012

Hi all!

Thought I'd give a brief update on how I'm doing with having the car ready
for it's 170 mile madien voyage to the Triumph Club of the Carolinas
Gathering at Shelton Vineyards in Dobson, NC on April 13th.

The car is not yet painted.....  but the engine bay and trunk have been
painted,  engine reinstalled, and reassembly has begun.

I bought a carpet set from Chart One on Ebay and that has arrived and will
go in after the shakedown drives.

Two of my Triumph club friends came over yesterday (thanks Bob and Jim) and
we block sanded the entire car and used icing to fix any minor dings and
air holes.   It's now almost 100% blocked and ready for final primer this
morning.

Blocking was a huge job and my shoulders may never be the same. The body
looks much better than I had planned, so I'm even more excited about the
final paint on Wednesday.

Then comes a ton of reassembly work - but it's gonna happen.

Thanks for all the help from this list - materially and sage advice.   The
front apron I snagged from Brian looks great on the car (much more work
than I thought but worth it) - The TR4 transmission is sitting snugly in
it's new home, The TR3 calipers are in place and waiting for use.

I've become very good at installing and removing the apron -  now to figure
out how to paint flexible rubber fender bead and install it without
cracking it.   Unless there are better thoughts out there I think I'm going
to cut a template from both fenders out of sheet metal and glue the bead to
that and install it as an assembly on the car. Minor problem - I'll figure
it out.