[TR] TR4 door seals

carlsereda carlsereda at aol.com
Wed Sep 14 15:16:18 MDT 2011

Hi Guy,

I also bought the TRF door seals and yes - they are not a great fit. I lost
the bidding war on eBay for a NOS set of TR4 door seals but the fellow was
kind enough to send me a slice off an end for comparison.  The aftermarket
seals are different in just about every measurement - but what are ya gonna
do? I will be following Geo's advice and hoping for the best. Before painting
my door  'steel seal channels' I will have to pinch them closed a bit
otherwise the new rubber strips pop out too easy around corners as the rubber
footing portion of new seals are made smaller than the originals. I have a cel
phone photo of the NOS and TRF door seal profiles shown side-by-side if you're
interested.

Good luck,

Carl

'63 TR4 since '74

Years ago I bought both the inner and outer doors seals from TRF for my TR4A.
With the outer door seals in place, I cannot close the door all the way.
When I remove them, the doors close just fine.

Are the TRF seals just too damned thick?
If so, has anyone a recommendation for seals that are not too thick?
Is there a way to thin mine out with a slice here and there?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO