[TR] British Invasion and Vermont road closures

Joe Merone jmerone at rocketmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:13:37 MDT 2011

All:

As many of you are well aware, many portions of Vermont got the heck
kicked out of it during Tropical Storm Irene.  The number of houses, roads,
and bridges that were destroyed or heavily damaged are still being counted.

Northern Vermont (including Stowe) escaped relatively unscathed, with the
middle and southern portions of the state suffering the worst of it.  So, if
you are headed up to the British Invasion this weekend, many of your favorite
driving routes up here may not be open, or if they are - will be
restricted.  Our iconic Route 100 is one example.  Check out the state's
Agency of Transportation web site at   www.511vt.com for the most up-to-date
information.

Weekend weather looks very favorable for the show - sunny,
sunny with temps in the 60s.  For a variety of reasons though, there's worries
that attendance will be down this year, so I hope to see as many of you here
as possible.

Drive safe,

Joe Merone
South Burlington, VT