[TR] tr-3 gas guage

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 10:17:07 MDT 2011

List,
Now I did it.  I've taken my tr-3 fuel guage all apart and find myself
in trouble.  The confusion comes from the two posts inside with copper wife
coiled around them.  These posts also have a strand of thin copper wire
connecting them to each other.  The top of each post has a small steel plate
with a half moon curve on one side.  My question is:  do these half moons on
the post plates go a certain direction such as toward each other or away from
each other or towards the sensor that lays beside the posts and controls the
needle.

I'm afraid these half moons..........might need to be adjusted by
how they're turned or what distance they lie from the sensor.

Anyone have
suggestions or experiences with these guages?

thanks

gary n.