[TR] Toilet Paper Oil Filters. What happened?

Hdefer tr3 at roadrunner.com
Tue Sep 6 21:14:35 MDT 2011

> I can imagine
> what the bottom of the oil pan must look like, filled with paper
> particles.

Apparently not a  problem  according to Frantz Oil Filters:

"Have you ever had someone say to you "that toilet paper oil filter
will ruin your engine?" "All that paper will dissintegrate and go
throughout your engine clogging up your lines, oil pump, filter, and
eventually seize your engine making it worthless." Well, fear not.

Have you ever accidentally dropped a roll of toilet paper into the
toilet? Perhaps your youngster did it for you. Did it dissolve? Of
course not. The paper has a tendency to cling to itself and doesn't
even unwind easily. That same characteristic occurs only even more so
when dealing with oil.

First, the entire roll is supported upon a reinforced screed inside
the Frantz Oil Filter unit. A metal tube goes up through the cardboard
tube from the base of the Frantz Oil Filter unit and is locked in
place by a snap ring circumferencing the outer edge on top of the roll
of paper. Held tightly and snug inside the cannister now, the TP is
ready to go to work for you filtering the foreign substance and
materials that actually does the harm to your engine."

http://www.frantzoil.com/TOILETPAPER.html

Hans