[TR] plasma cutters - Any got one worth buying

Doug Hamilton douglasehamilton at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 28 10:44:27 MDT 2011

Check with your local welding supplier most will do short term leases and rentals on plasma cutters.
I've also seen plasma cutters and mig welders available at some Home Depot rental departments.
Eastwood currently has their plasma cutter on sale for $499.00 a good deal if you have a compressor big enough to run it. If you don't have a big enough compressor look at Hobart 250c( I have ), Miller 125c ( identical to Hobart just blue ), or Thermal Dynamics 15c all have internal compressors and all are one button operation, turn it on and cut no other settings to adjust. There are Chinese ones on ebay for as little as $200.00 I've heard good and bad reviews of these so buyer beware. But one of these may cost less than a rental.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet