[TR] TR3 Headlight Dimmer Wiring Path

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Thu Oct 27 06:47:44 MDT 2011

     So after 51 years of use my original wiring to the headlight dimmer came
undone. One of the blue& white wires came out of a terminal. Before I noticed
this, I noticed that the high beam light in the speedo didn't work anymore.
After that the headlights would periodically flicker on and off. Scary in the
dark... I fixed the wiring, but am curious as to how the wires are to be routed.
The bundle just runs off the right side of the metal dimmer bracket and flops
around the back. I think that my daughter stomped on them when I was teaching
her how to drive the TR. There is a bracket holding the wires to the upper
leftof where the floor carpet goes. It seems like the wires should go out the
back of the dimmer support housing so the wires are hidden from view, but there
is no hole. I think that I may make some wiring routing brackets next time I am
in there.
     Am I missing something?

     Bill in Tehachapi