[TR] tuning

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 24 09:48:19 MDT 2011

Randall,  Perhaps you know of one that is better, but here is an article on
tuning the MG which has some application to the TRactor Motor:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/mgtd/mgtd_tuning_your_mg_july_52.htm
Changes that I know for the TR3 include

using a 7/16 bolt instead of a 3/8 drill bit to set the SU float level.  There
proably several others, but, I like it's pictures.  Particularly, the one of a
drill holdding and sspinning the SU's pisston (w/ needle in vetro(?) for
correctness.
   After this step, it seems to say, drop the piston and needle into it's
housing, and it shouldd slide to it's base or bridge w/o any hindrance and
make the familiar 'clank sound'.  If this is not the case, loose the lower
brass bolt  till it does.
     In our case, normally this brass bolt is 13 flats from being tight, so
hopefully, the desireded unhindered drop does not occur below the 12th flat of
that brass bolt (that houses the jet).  Is my understanding correct?

Thanks, Paul  60 TR3 ts 78316