[TR] TR4A Two Speed Wiper Motor

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Tue Oct 18 17:24:08 MDT 2011

I'll write to the list what I wrote to Brian.

There is a dimple on the round cover. That dimple needs to be aligned with
the groove in the cover plate at the closest point to the cover plate. It
can be aligned 180 from that too but the wipers will then park fully on.
Aligning the dimple closest to the groove in the cover plate corresponds
with the sliding arm being fully extended. When it is fully extended the
wheel boxes are fully rotated to the left. Place the wiper arms on the wheel
boxes at their parked position. Be careful to not place them too close to
the windshield rubber seal or they will over shoot and get stuck under the
seal, stripping the small serrations on the wheel boxes and the wiper arm
will not stay on. Ask me how I learned this lesson. Replacing a wheel box is
not a job that I like doing.

Questions write to me and I'll try to answer you.

JVV