[TR] Moving to Massachusetts

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Sat Oct 15 13:30:50 MDT 2011

Listers,

I am moving to Massachusetts soon.  I took a quick look at the DMV website to
see what rules they have.  I didnbt see what I was looking for immediately,
so I thought it might be faster to ask here.

I have a 1980 TR7 with a modified exhaust system, carb, and emissions system.
I have exhaust headers, and no catalytic converter, stainless pipes, no
intermediate muffler.  I also removed the air pump and related plumbing.  I
have SU carbs and a disconnected (but still in place) evaporative emissions
plumbing.  The car is registered in PA as bAntiqueb.  No registration
renewals, no yearly inspection are required.

I also have a 1967 TR4A that is fully stock, also with bantiqueb
registration.

What sort of registration options do I have in MA, and what are the inspection
and renewal requirements?  Is there anything similar to the PA bantiqueb
registration?

I am on the digest mode, so please reply directly to me too.

-Tony