[TR] modern oil filter tr3 relief valve setting

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 14:01:26 MDT 2011

that makes more sense.
thank you Alex

________________________________
From: Alex & Janet Thomson <aljlthomson at charter.net>
To: 'Frank Fisher' <yellowtr3 at yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 12:32 PM
Subject: RE: [TR] modern oil filter tr3 relief valve setting

My guess is that the 13 psi refers to the pressure differential between the
"dirty side" and the "clean side" of the filter that will send oil straight
to the engine. In other words, when the filter becomes plugged, or in
extremely cold weather, oil will start to bypass the filter when there is
more than 13 psi difference between the two sides of the filter media.

Alex Thomson