[TR] TR2/3 windshield mount Dzus

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:42:36 MDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Angelo Graham <agraham at execulink.com> wrote:

> ...Moved on to the windshield mount Dzus and they are different enough that
> felt I should ask first before I shoot my foot...

FWIW -- when I replaced the Dzus on the stanchion I did not secure
the Dzuses (Dzi?) at all, i.e. when undone they can be completely
extracted.  I told myself I was being smart -- not merely lazy.  I find that
it is easier to slide off the windscreen if those fasteners are completely
removed and out of the way, my old ones (even w/the springs) didn't want to
stay clear of the mounting brackets and since I usually mount & dismount the
windscreen solo it works best for me to be sure nothing hangs up on the
opposite side.

Of course there is a risk you'll misplace them but I just put them in a
baggie and stow them  (along with the windscreen wipers) in the wooden box
that is used for stowing the aeroscreen when it is not in use.

Geo