[TR] TR4A heater restoration

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Wed Nov 23 17:11:58 MST 2011

So,
I am in the middle of restoring the heater in my TR4A IRS and I have a couple
of questions.
1. Removing rust from small fastners
    I just read an article on using regular vinegar to soak rust and grim off
bolts. Has anybody on the list used this technique? Apparently, you just drop
the screws in a cup of any kind of vinegar for a day or so and as if by
    magic, the rust goes away. You just rinse the parts in hot water and spray
with WD40 and you are good to go.
2. The heater core had what looked like had been some type of foam rubber
wrapped around the core to help hold it in position. Could I just use any type
of foam rubber?

One more thing.. should I seal up the inside of the enclosure to help direct
the air over the core or is that not worth the effort.

Thanks, and everybody enjoy tomorrow!
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a