[TR] tr-3 carb float bowl

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Wed Nov 23 13:29:39 MST 2011

Think of your float as a buffer for fuel coming into and out of the carb.
Sort of like when you watching YouTube and the buffer between the download
stream and what is playing.  If the level is too high a change on RPM could
allow for flooding before the valve shuts  the flow off, too low and of course
you could starve at higher loads.

That said, you need to have them as level as possible for everything to work
right.

Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

On Nov 23, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does it matter if the float bowls on my SU carbs are not sitting level?
I've
> installed a later tr-4 header which made it necessary to install a later
tr-4
> intake manifold which seems to not have the same attachment angle for the
SU