[TR] TR 2/3 fan/alternator belts

William Pugh anabil007 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 09:10:34 MST 2011

I wrestled with this problem on my TR3, but then I bought the "narrow belt
kit" from Moss .  Aluminum Water  Pump Pulley, Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley with
Harmonic Balancer.  I had already replaced the engine driven fan and installed
and electric one.  This was the most noticeable modification I have ever made
to the TR3, the engine immediately ran much, much smoother, revved faster, and
made  Casper feel like he just wanted to "RUN" ...

On Nov 17, 2011, at 4:31 PM, Cosmo Kramer wrote:

> Hi List!
> I use to use a thin belt, when I did my conversion to alt. (keeping
> the wide pulleys). I didn't care for it that much & switched back to the
> standard wide belt, which was a wrestling match that I always one at. Now
that
> I've pulled the engine & tranny, to install the Christian Marx Rear Engine
> Seal, I'm planning on having the Gen/Alt Arm's extension open grove (where
the
> bolt goes through lengthen so I will be able to install the wide belt on
the
> three pulleys without a struggle. I figure that's one way of dealing with
the
> problem.
> -Cosmo Kramer

"Life is too short to drive Boring Cars"

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA
Casper
1957 TR3