[TR] 1972 Triumph TR6 Temp - UPDATE

William Pugh anabil007 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 10:03:41 MST 2011

I have had very good luck with NOS type instruments from these guys"

	http://www.gaugeguys.com/Smiths/classic.htm

I got an Oil Pressure / Temperature  combination for my TR3 ... the quality
was outstanding.  I would think the same might work for you.
I also invested $40.00 for a laser temperature reader (you just point a pull
the trigger and it tells you the temperature at any given point)
Also kind of neat for measuring temps on lots of stuff, including my Cat ...

On Nov 16, 2011, at 7:08 AM, thenicholls at verizon.net wrote:

> List,
>
> Just an update, I got a temp gauge from a friend of mine.  Went out and ran
72 TR6 until temp moved and oil pressure came down.

> Tested temp with the gauge along the engine on the side where the exhaust
is.  I got readings of 187-192 degrees which seems right to me.

> So, now I am down to either the sending unit is bad, or just the gauge is
reading low.  I heard from a lister who lives near me that he has the same
situation and is just not worrying about it.

> My issue is that I ordered a new sending unit from TRF GTR110 4/2009 and
attempted to install it, it did not fit.  Since it is the only one listed by
the big three, I could not figure out why it would be wrong, so I pulled the
existing one, cleaned it up, and put it back in.

> I know it is not the voltage stabilizer because I put gas in it over the
weekend and it is reading correctly.

> At this point, I am going to get the TRF sending unit and stop by a local
British car shop for some free advice.

> Will let you know what happens.
>
> Craig
> 1972 TR6

"Life is too short to drive Boring Cars"

Bill Pugh
Wallace, CA
Casper
1957 TR3