[TR] Did 1969 tr6 come with cheesy hubcaps?

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Tue Nov 15 18:04:05 MST 2011

Steve's comment is really good. Having lived on both sides of the pond, I'd
 say those trims are generally rated as highly undesirable in North
America,  but highly prized in the UK. They are not only highly prized for
originality,  but because they were genuinely well liked and looked very period. I
must admit  that I do like them myself, but probably for the nostalgia factor
as every UK  spec '69-'70 Vitesse, GT6, TR6, 2.5PI and Stag had them. UK
spec Stags had them  right up to the end ('77 production), as did 2.5PI's,
although by then they  were painting the black parts a sort of dull silver,
which looked a bit  naff.

Tim

Funnily  enough, it wasn't that long ago that Classic And Sportscar magazine
counted  the Rostyle hubcaps for the TR5 (UK 250) and 6 amongst  their
favorites.   They are very period as pointed out and meant  to look like teh
Magnum 500s that were so popular in the late 60s.

I have a set on my
'69 for shows, happy to have spares - contact me  off lists if you are
looking
to  sell.

Steve