[TR] TR3A fuel troubles

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 05:21:43 MST 2011

On 11/8/11 12:38 AM, carlsereda wrote:
> Tim,
> Are you certain it is not a failing ignition coil?
> Carl
> '63 TR4 since '74
A failing coil often tends to start OK & maybe idle OK but have no power
when you try to drive.

Or a failing condenser?  Similar symptoms. Some electrical problems have
the same symptoms as fuel problems.  Best to check both rather then
focus exclusively on one unless it is an obvous visible failure.

Teriann
My TR3 is 50 years old this year and I've owned it for 25 of those
years.  I won't be able to say that anymore in a couple months but I
find those number to be interesting.  Especially since my TR3 is the
newer and most recently purchased of my cars.