[TR] battery charger

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 7 17:41:42 MST 2011

> (mostly).  anyone have a recommendation for a straight up
> battery charger?
> I'd like a second one.  and I'd like it to last 30 + years, too!

Mine is a Schumacher, and it's probably close to that old.  They still make
battery chargers, and while the graphics are different, this one looks to be
very similar:
http://fwd4.me/0gOS

But I would expect to get that kind of service only from an old-fashioned
"dumb" charger with a real AC transformer inside (heavy).  The lightweight,
'smart' chargers mostly use DC-DC converters that tend to have a limited
lifetime.

-- Randall