[TR] TR3A fuel troubles

Peter pfullam at nycap.rr.com
Mon Nov 7 16:15:13 MST 2011

Hello Tim,

I had the same symptoms on my TR4 last summer. It turned out to be a bad
coil. I was in a traffic jam at 4 mph, and the underhood temp went higher
than normal. Once I got past the jam and could go over 30 mph, the airflow
past the engine was enough to keep the coil a little cooler. It was a Lucas
Sports coil only 6 years old, mounted on the fender well.

Pete Fullam
CT19207L