[TR] TR3 Parking Brake Indicator Light?

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 4 15:54:52 MST 2011

So far, it's not been a problem for me.  I don't always use the handbrake,
but when I do, I make sure to set it hard enough that it is very obvious the
brake is set.

However, micro switches are inexpensive and readily available.  It shouldn't
be too hard to build a simple bracket that would hold a switch up against
the bottom of the brake handle.  You'll likely also want some sort of
enclosure for it to help keep dirt away from the switch.  Hermetically
sealed switches are available, but they are much more expensive.  Offhand, I
think an Altoids can would do nicely for the enclosure, once you cut a small
slot for the lever to stick out of.

Adapting a switch from some other car would be much more complicated, IMO.
Usually they have the contacts designed right into the handle or center
console.

-- Randall