[TR] TR4A - A Few Electric Questions

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Wed May 25 16:24:49 MDT 2011

Guy, you should have 3 wires coming out of the motor if it's a two speed
motor. Green will be positive power to the motor. It should be fused. There
is a screw that goes into the end plate of the motor that a ground attaches
to. That ground is only for the parking feature, it will not park without
that ground attached. The other two wires coming from the motor attach to
their corresponding leads from the wiper switch. The wiper switch controls
the "ground" to the motor and if both are energized the motor goes on slow
speed. If only 1 is energized the motor goes on fast speed. Be sure to have
the switch wired properly and grounded.
I've just gone thru all of this with my motor. TR4A should have a 2 speed
motor.
JVV