[TR] FW: advice - restoration frustration! Part 1 of 2.

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Mon May 23 14:56:08 MDT 2011

History:  When I purchase the seat kits for the TR3 project I thought I
ordered the dash and capping material but evidently not.    I requested
samples from several of the usual suppliers (and others) but none matched
the 8 year old seats/trim panels.

Two different local upholsterers (who work on American antique/classics)
said that they had had great success with a supplier who could match
vinyl.   I contacted them.   They sent samples of their in-stock but it
wasn’t close.  They said that they could “exactly match” my sample in 2-4
weeks.

I placed the order on Feb 7 (cc processed on Feb  9). Beginning in mid-March
I started calling and received responses such as ‘we are working on it’ or
‘it will be next week’ etc.  Finally, about Apr 20, they said they would
check and call me the next day.  That night I received a UPS notice that a
package had been shipped from them.

Next...

Carl Musson
1961 TR3A TS81802LO