[TR] head studs issue

John Gillis JGILLIS at tcd.ie
Sun May 8 11:53:09 MDT 2011

With the TR2 engine out and head off, I decided to remove one of the studs where I had seen water bubbling up while the engine was running, I discovered water/liquid in the bottom of the stud hole, removed them all and the same in all. Cleaned them out copper grease on the thread and put them back, I guess it is OK to use copper grease here? The worrying issue is the amount of corrosion on two of the studs, at the top of the thread (block end) These are new studs from Moss UK, and remembering this engine has not run more than a mile and some stationary running in the garage. This is clearly a quality issue, not for the first time when buying from the "big boys". Can anybody tell me where I might buy some GOOD QUALITY studs.
Regards
John
1954 TR2