[TR] Oil light

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue May 3 07:38:19 MDT 2011

In a message dated 5/3/2011 8:33:24 AM Central Daylight Time,
rbtr3a at cox.net writes:
> My sports six, which has a gt6 engine. Recently the oil light has started
> coming on more frequently as it idles. The idle speed has not changed, it
> is full of fresh oil, Castrol 20-50. everything seems ok, just strange that
> the light has begun lighting all of a sudden.
>
> any ideas asto why?

Hi, Ronnie,

Two possible reasons:
1) Switch gone bad
2) low oil pressure.

The thing to do now is to hook up an oil pressure gauge (does a GT6 have a
gauge?) and see what the pressure is at idle.  I have seen two switches go
bad turning on the light when the pressure is fine so let's hope for the
best.

Dave