[TR] Chritian Marx Seal part 1

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon May 2 15:29:10 MDT 2011

I broke this into 2 emails as I sent it but did not see it show up in the
digest - sorry if it is a repost.

I'm happy to say that I'm a believer in the seal.

After 600 miles - I can't say the seal is leaking at all -  After sitting
for two weeks after a 70 mph 3 hour run I had two quarter sized drops of oil
under the car.   One was directly under the vent tube on the side of the
engine and the other was dripping off the oil pan under the rear of the
engine - might be I need to tighten up the oil pan gasket.  Joe paraphased
Kas and said the engine will find someplace to leak oil - wipe it down with
thinner and see where it's coming from.

Yesterday, I had it out for a run after an oil change and  there was not a
single drop of oil anywhere on the floor this afternoon!!!   my timing cover
seal, the rear engine seal, transmission seals, and the new pinon seal are
all holding their own!

Whhat a huge improvement!   I was so tired of piles of cat litter and
cardboard.  of adding a quart of oil everytime I drove it. and parking down
the block so I don't pour an oil trail down my friends driveways.

I'll send another update  at 1500 miles.  Part 2 is more about install
observations

Chris
1963 TR4