[TR] silicon or regular brake fluic

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 31 09:13:14 MST 2011

> I have heard others say that as well.  I am at a loss to figure out why
> that is so.

In one case that I heard about, the clearances in the MC were so tight that
the piston would not return properly with silicone fluid.  It's my personal
opinion that it would have had trouble in very cold temperatures even with
glycol, but the vendor blamed it on the silicone (and refused to warranty
the MC).

As I recall, the owner gave the bore a few swipes with a hone, and the
problem disappeared.

But I suspect it has more to do with the potential for silicone to destroy
the replacement cylinder business.

-- Randall