[TR] I have a bad feeling about this

John & Pat Donnelly pdonnel1 at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 14:24:19 MST 2011

Hi Dave,
A bolt came loose holding the ring gear and decided to exit the case and
take the fluid with it. It wasn't pretty. Didn't sound too good either.
I bought a used rear end, but it was pretty noisy and I worried about long
term use. So, Richard Good offered a limited slip Nissan conversion at about
the same price as a rebuilt unit and I went for it. It went right in with no
issues. http://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?categoryID=16
I've only put 15 miles on the car since converting because of the oil leak,
so not sure yet about the rear end. The only comment I can make right now
is, it's quiet.
The Toyota conversion is wonderful. I've gotten the car on the test drives
up to 75, and running around 3000 RPM is sweet. The hardest thing to get
over is that the clutch and shifting feels different. Shorter & faster.
After 40 years of shifting one way I have to re-learn a new one.

Johnnie