[TR] Subject: Re: Specifications of warp in front hub?

Catpusher at aol.com Catpusher at aol.com
Tue Mar 8 20:06:47 MST 2011

Our 1970 GT6+ was delivered with one front hub about 0.012" out.  It  took
a few years to catch it as the OEM Goodyears kept going out of round and
the OEM steel wheels were on the loose side of specks for run out.  When I
put alloys on, I spotted the problem.  I cranked the bearings to a slight  pre
load and measured the actual run out (btw the rotor was true)  Knocked  the
studs out and set it up on the lathe (4 jaw) with the same dial ind. and
made it true; double checked it on the car and it was right on.
A GT6 is much more sensitive to run out, but you do need to find the cause
of your problem.

Hardy

Subject:  Re: [TR] Specifications of warp in front  hub?