[TR] VTR Autocross Team Event?

Bud Rolofson levilevi at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 23:09:34 MDT 2011

Yes that's right a TEAM Autocross Event.

At this point it's just a wild idea but I'd like to test the waters
here on the list to see if there would be any interest in driving a
car around the cones that has left side steering but right side
pedals.  This car is a 2002 350 Z 6 speed that has been altered to the
prior mentioned configuration.   I haven't seen it yet but that's the
gist of it.

Why in God's name would anyone take a real nice sports car and make it
so that two people are required to drive it you might rightfully ask?
Well here's the answer.  The goal is to get onto Top Gear and have
celebrity teams use this car for a race.  Yup that's it.  A celebrity
auto stunt two-person race.  Apparently there's millions to be
made....not apparent to me but WTH.

So knowing the young neighbor that created this concept (I actually
powder coated some parts for him...Thx FT), I thought this might be a
fun event to try after the VTR autocross in Breckenridge this year.
Hopefully we could have teams take some timed runs after the official
autocross and see whose team can two-person drive through the cones
the fastest.

This could be your chance to get in on the next big thing...or not.
Any Teams that want to sign up?  I certain you'll have to sign your
life away on a disclaimer, etc..  What better way to cement a
friendship/marrige than trying to both drive a car at the same time?
This would not be an official event and nothing but bragging rights
will be awarded.

I've been invited to do a test ride so I'll let you know how that
goes.  Let me know if there's any interest and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
levilevi at comcast.net