[TR] Electric Fuel pump tr3a

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 13:12:57 MDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:47 PM,  <Dave1massey at cs.com> wrote:

> I'd wire it up to the white wire on the fuse block.  I'd add an inline fuse
> with a 2 or 3 amp fuse (check the pump manufacturer's data on current draw
> and double it).  If you want to be really fancy (actually, I highly
> recommend it) go to the local wrecking yard and get an impact switch off of
any
> modern car and mount it somewhere and wire it so that it will shut off the
pump
> in the event of an accident.  Note the orientation of the switch in the
> original application and mount it the same way in your car.

That's exactly what I did -  I got the inertia switch from a Taurus or
sable - they are in the left side of the trunk behind the cardboard
liner.   I took a pair of side cutters and a pair of pliers.  Cut as
much of the harness as you can get to - you'll be glad to have the
connector and the wires.

I mounted my Facet pump to the blanking plate where the mechanical
fuel pump was - the spacing is nearly identical to the facet pump. I
used some rubber exhaust mounts (look just like vibration isolation
mounts) as I figured they'd handle the heat from the engine - mcmaster
carr has some higher temp ones as well.  Since that location is quite
low with respect to the bottom of the fuel tank - it works quite well
- I've run over 2500 miles with this setup - on highway and mountain
inclines.

Chris