[TR] Electric Fuel pump tr3a

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Jun 27 11:47:50 MDT 2011

In a message dated 6/27/2011 12:09:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
geomurphy at windstream.net writes:
> I am installing an electric fuel pump and would like to know just where
> is
> the best place to wire in the hotwire.  My instructions say to wire it
> into
> the oil pressure switch.  Now that that will not work since the oil
> pressure
> gauge is not electric then where would be the correct place to run my hot
> wire to?  Thanks, George M.

I'd wire it up to the white wire on the fuse block.  I'd add an inline fuse
with a 2 or 3 amp fuse (check the pump manufacturer's data on current draw
and double it).  If you want to be really fancy (actually, I highly
recommend it) go to the local wrecking yard and get an impact switch off of any
modern car and mount it somewhere and wire it so that it will shut off the pump
in the event of an accident.  Note the orientation of the switch in the
original application and mount it the same way in your car.

Dave