[TR] question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 09:02:25 MDT 2011

> Do any of you brainiacs have any suggestions on how to clean up a very
> yellow-looking washer bottle for my TR250 - that is, if it is
> even possible?

I've not tried it yet, but something similar to this:
http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/
might work.  They are talking about brightening ABS plastic, while your
washer bottle is probably polypropylene, but there is at least some chance
it might work.

Another approach to try would be soaking in diluted chlorine bleach for a
day or two.

However, with either method, you need to keep an eye on it and stop as soon
as it is white enough.  Even then it may have weakened the plastic (so only
try this with things that are not under pressure).

-- Randall