[TR] Originality issues

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 09:48:11 MDT 2011

Hi, List

I've been asked to put an article together for a magazine about
why many people are so committed to *originality* while (probably?) an equally
large number are not? We've got a diversity of views here in the UK and I'd be
interested in having those from North America as well.
If *originality* is
important to you, I'd be very interested to learn your thoughts - and why.
Equally, if it doesn't matter - or you're ambivalent about the whole subject
anyway, I'd be equally in learning those thoughts too - and why.
In order to
save cluttering the list with replies, I think everyone would appreciate the
general subject as being 'off-topic' so replies to me please off-list. Thanks
- and cheers

Jonmac