[TR] Side of the road

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 02:55:05 MDT 2011

There's an enormous amount of crud that gets pumped into our cars from fuel
stations. The crud *ought* to be stopped by the delivery pump filters - but
often it isn't. Checking into my log book, I see that there were five fuel
filter changes on "uncle jack" (TTACD Stag) in the 17,000 miles covered
between July and October 2009. Each time, the colour of the sediment was
different and this leaves me to think it was from the 640 odd gallons that
went through the tank, rather than what the fuel picked up while it was in it.
In the same way, I fought a losing battle with the retailer when I bought a
tankful of diesel that had more than one pint of water in it!!!!!!!!!!

Jonmac