[TR] Shaking TR3

aribert at c3net.net aribert at c3net.net
Wed Jun 22 12:29:27 MDT 2011

Last year my other (non Triumph, early '60s Ford) summer vehicle developed
a bad "driveline" vibration (note: no steering wheel shake).  It took me 3
weeks of trying to find it before I replaced the ***front*** wheel
bearings (there was no bearing backlash when grabbing the wheel at 12 and
6 o'clock, rotated smoothly (no worn bearing rumble) by hand with the old
bearings).  Problem solved.  I could have saved some money, and very
precious time if I did this first before having a new drive shaft made,
replacing the rear axle bearings, rotating wheels, shimming the rear axle
(pinion angle),...