[TR] Shaking TR3

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Tue Jun 21 13:19:26 MDT 2011

     The tires are nearly new. I've put about 100,000 miles on the car and
gone through several sets of tires and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
The last set was on new SS wire wheels and balanced by British Wire Wheel.
I changed from original steel wheels to SS wires and it didn't seem to change
anything, except the good looks.
     I drove my neighbors TR3A (which used to
be mine in boxes in the 90's) and it definitely rides smoother at freeway
speeds.
     A new driveshaft from MOSS didn't change anything either,
although I still will take it in to be balanced, just to be sure.
     My next
move will be to change the wheel bearings, balance the driveshaft and see if I
can find someone who spin balances wheels and tires on the car.

     -Bill in
Tehachapi