[TR] Triumph Open Book

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:53:57 MDT 2011

Jonmac: I read somewhere (or dreamt, lol) it represented the radiator on a
Triumph: the Roadster perhaps?
---- ----
The logo itself first appeared in the late 1940's on the Standard Vanguard
saloon. Opinion seems to be divided on what it actually represents but I
recall it being referred to at the factory as the *Standard Shell" design.
I've heard it referred to as Griffon's Wings as well, but Vauxhall (General
Motors) have used a Griffon on its logo for decades and I can't see how the
Standard design applies to the Vauxhall bird.  Rolls Royce also had a sort
of
logo for the Griffon engine which was a development of the Merlin V12. Maybe
one is upside down and the person who drew it up in the first place had had
good day (or night) with some marijuana or was *high* on some other
narcotic?

Jonmac