[TR] back and question

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Jun 8 09:45:20 MDT 2011

It seems I was deleted after the list crashed last month - I'll not take it
personally.  Thanks to Randall for his help.

I'd be interested in the list's thoughts on the following:  my TR3 runs fine
when first started, but after sitting a while when started again, it runs
for a few seconds, then seems to go to 3, or even 2, cylinders.  The result
of this is either that it clears itself out and again runs fine, or we
encounter a "stranded by the side of the road" situation.  Each time this
has happened, it has been a hot day and the car has been left in the sun.

Thinking this was vapor lock, I re-routed the gas line and installed a heat
shield, but it continues to happen.  Questions: (a) could this be something
OTHER than vapor lock? and (b) if it is vapor lock, what next?  Coat the
manifold?

Andrew Uprichard