[TR] TR3A wiring questions

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 09:36:18 MDT 2011

> there is also a black ground wire,
> do they ground to the frame "screw" in back on the horns?

Not the horn mounting bolts originally, but a spring metal clip secured to
the body with a self-tapping screw, on the little platform just behind the
horn mounts.

> Also, on the front blinkers the "green/white" and "green/red"
> wires snap into the double connectors with the same colors I
> believe, and the red wire snaps into the red on the main
> harness "triple connector," correct?

Yes.  However, if you want things to actually work, I suggest replacing all
of the sleeve connectors.  Unfortunately the triples are NLA, so that means
either substituting 3 "singles", or trying to remove the inner conductor
from some new singles and inserting them into the old triple sleeves.

> There is also a black
> ground wire and I'm not sure where that connects on the Lucas
> bulb holder, and does that too ground to the screw in back of
> the horns? Are there 3 bullet connectors on the front bulb holders?

Yes, and yes (at least there should be).  The ground connector is on the
side of the metal socket, while the two 'hot' connectors stick out the back
end.  Unfortunately I don't know any better method of finding which hot
connector is which, than to apply power and see which one lights the bright
filament (which gets the green/red or green/white wire).

-- Randall