[TR] Interior vinyl installation question

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sat Jun 4 09:24:12 MDT 2011

Whenever I buy vinyl for making up a set of TR6 interior panels
(http://ebay.danielsonfamily.org/InteriorPanelText.htm) I always have them
roll the vinyl onto a tube to prevent wrinkles. However, when I do a leather
interior panel set, the leather is always shipped folded and is all
wrinkled. So with leather, I end up laying it face down on the ironing
board, covering the backside with a towel and iron it on the lowest steam
setting. I've also ironed vinyl the same way starting at a very low heat
setting but all vinyl's are not constructed the same. What I use has a
backing and can take more heat then one without a backing so test it on a
small section first. When you stretch and glue it, the rest of the wrinkles
should come out.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org