[TR] Alternator Retrofit

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jun 3 16:37:08 MDT 2011

> Will something else work?

There is a 55 amp Bosch alternator that will fit right into the 15 ACR
mounts.  It's a bit more expensive than the common Delcos (although Delco
does make a similar unit); but my FLAPS had one on the shelf and the cost
was only about $75 outright.  I see Rockauto has several of them for $50 +
shipping.

Original equipment on a 78 Ford Fiesta with A/C (and a Bosch alternator, the
Motorcraft unit is completely different).

Another alternative is to cut into the alternator housing to make it fit.

-- Randall