[TR] Window Problems on my TR4

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue Jul 26 15:28:54 MDT 2011

In a message dated 7/26/2011 3:01:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
john.dunham at amphenol-tcs.com writes:
> Just wondering if I am missing something or if there are any tricks to
> keeping a door window in it's track.  It seems as though the problem is
> only limited to the passenger's side.  The window is tough to crank and
> virtually every time I crank it fully open it falls out of the track
> closest to the front of the car.
> I am hoping to get my door panels &door hardware re-installed but this
> window is proving to be a thorn in my passenger's side.
> Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

The mechanism is a scissors arrangement with one end attached to the crank
and the other three on rollers in tracks.  One is on a fixed track and the
other two work in a track attached to the window.  If the window is falling
out of the track one of the wheels may have fallen out of the track.

The other cause may be due to the track is loose or bent and is not
confining the glass as it should.

Let us know what you find when you get it apart.

Dave