[TR] Triumph GT6 MK1 door side mirror placement

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Jul 26 13:11:11 MDT 2011

> One thing I've never been able to figure out is what is the
> correct location for side mirror placement on the GT6 or Spit.

As I understand it the various positions for the passenger-side
mirror were almost at the whim of the dealer, seein' as how it was a
dealer-installed option.

I have mine on the door on both Spitfire and GT6.  The right-side
mirror can't be adjusted to show the lane behind me (nor can the left-
side very well either, for that matter!) but they do show me the
contents of the adjacent lanes.  It took a bit of getting used to but
it is probably better to know that than what is directly behind.

You can also put a convex mirror on them.  (I don't really like
convex mirrors because they make it harder to tell how far away
something is.)

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com