[TR] TR3, TR4 slave cylinder position

fogbro1 at comcast.net fogbro1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 21 20:31:40 MDT 2011

List,

In spite of what the manuals show, I've always mounted the clutch slave cylinder on my TR3 at the rear of its bracket, that is, on the transmission side. The adjustable rod just isn't long enough to extend to the 3 hole arm with the piston home (at the bottom of the bore) and the slave mounted on the front (engine side) of the bracket.

Anyone else's TR3 or TR4 with the 3 finger clutch have this situation?

By the way, the TR6's slave is mounted to the rear in the manual's photos, but then it uses the diaphragm clutch and there is no adjustment.

Ed Woods