[TR] TR4 interior and seat belts

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 22 13:07:39 MST 2011

On Saturday, January 22, 2011 12:02:18 pm Gary O'Hagan wrote:
> List,
> I'm working on my interior (in a very cold garage) and I have some
> questions.  The interior is getting lined with sound deadening and one
> wheel arch is covered with neoprene.  I was hoping it would warm up before
> gluing the vinyl in.  The interior panel kit from MOSS was purchased
> several years. One panel covers the area over the wheel arch and the door
> post. What covers the remaining door post and the "triangle area" near the
> base of the door post. My car is a '62 TR4 (? before seat belts were
> standard issue).  The seat belts were not attached when I got the car.  I
> don't know how the seat belts attach to the body.  There are bolts on the
> door post and drive train tunnel.  Do I assume the belts attach to these
> in some manner?
> http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab269/goh62agan/TR4%20after/IMG_2165.jp
> http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab269/goh62agan/TR4%20after/IMG_1762.jp
> g Thanks,
> Gary O

Gary,

The triangle area is a piece of board similar in thickness as the door panels.
Once you glue the vinyl to the board, it is glued in place to the area. Insure
you have extra at the bottom. The sill carpet will cover the overflow and help
keep it in place.

You should have been shipped some extra vinyl from Moss in order to cover
these and any other area. I did a 63 4 a few years back and used the Moss set
and did get about 1/2 yard.

Here is a link to TRFs pattern. Note the part next to 806310. This is the
piece. You should have it in your Moss kit I believe.

The seat belts on my 63 are attached to 2 each eye bolts. One each on each
side of the drive shaft tunnel and one each on the inside of the B post.

There should be a very thick 1/4" plate on the inside of the wheel wells. The
b post bolt goes through this and has a lock washer and lock nut. If you need
the part #s let me know and I can look them up.

I am not sure what size the bolt is but I am guessing about 5/8"

Bob